Sunday, March 28, 2010

Art of Revision Workshop by Carol Dawson part 3

Five months later...

As many of you know, my wife gave birth back on October 30th of 2009 to my twins, Kade and Gwynever. I describe that time as exciting and crazy, and I loved every minute of it. But the timing caused me to miss the last three hour session with Carol Dawson and her Art of Revision Workshop. I wrote to her ahead of time that this would probably happen and she graciously offered to meet with me one on one once the dust settled.

Fast forward to March. The twins sleep through the night, now. Their parents act less zombie-like. I emailed Carol and set up a time to meet with her for that last session.

She gave me some great final pointers, helped me realize one major change I needed to make, and told me to quit holding off on submissions. Now I have no more excuses for not sending in those query letters.

I would like to highly recommend for anyone who needs to improve their self editing abilities to attend Carol Dawson's workshop. She is an amazing woman, a lot of fun, and most important, she is very knowledgeable about editing. For those who are members of the Writer's League of Texas or who live anywhere close to Austin, I believe the WLT has another session with her coming up. Sign up. Go. You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment