Wednesday, June 1, 2011
7 Summer Writing Goals for the Neurotic
I seem to get my best story ideas in summer, too. Maybe it's because I sleep better and don't worry as much, but the ideas often flow faster in the lazy heat of June and July. Sometimes I can't even keep up with them.
Many of you know from previous posts that I am a goal setter. So of course, I have my summer goals to keep up with!
1. Write every day. (Well, duh. Doesn't everyone do that anyway?)
2. Write one short story every week. (That one might be reaching a bit for me.)
3. Stop writing in parenthesis. (Okay, I don't--hey, wait a minute...)
4. Blog weekly on All Things Writing and Loesch's Muse.
5. Set up a blog tour for my urban fantasy, Nephilim which is due out July 18 from Lyrical Press, Inc.
6. Re-write my YA.
7. Start that new manuscript that keeps waking me up at night.
Seven goals. Don't know if I'll conquer them all, but I'm giving it a shot.
So what about you? What are your summer goals?