- Mary Higgins Clark got forty rejection slips before making her first sale
- John Grisham received 15 rejections for his first novel
- Dr. Seuss was rejected 24 times before selling his first book
- Jack London received over 600 rejection slips --now he's required reading at most public schools
- John Creasy received 774 rejections--he now has over 560 books in print under 13 different aliases
- "the New Yorker rejected a short story by Saul Bellow after he received the Nobel Prize for Literature"
Don't forget that other famous books such as Catch-22, A Wrinkle in Time, Carrie, and The Tale of Peter Rabbit all received numerous rejections. So keep plugging along!