Ugh...I hate coming up with resolutions. In fact, I just try to avoid doing it because rarely am I successful at keeping them.
But then again...
Actually, in looking back at some of my resolutions for last year, I find that not to be true...I actually did keep a few! I published several books, started a Theatre Arts based publishing imprint, and took on lots of great guest bloggers here at All Things Writings.
That being said, I think I will try a few resolutions for All Things Writing:
1. Keep bringing you posts from various authors on the art of writing.
2. Introduce you to a crazy new blogger that I really like: Esmae Browder.
3. Look for someone to write book reviews full time!
None of those is particularly earth shattering, but maybe a resolution doesn't have to be. I've always felt that you should set attainable goals. For those of you looking for a few simple ones in regards to your writing habits, here's a few that might interest you.
1. Set a writing schedule and stick to it.
2. Send out five queries to agents a month.
3. Once a week, write something that is just for the fun of writing---keep it separate from any project you are working on.
4. Look into giving a class on the topic of writing.
5. Attend a class about writing or go to a writing conference.
Tell me about some of your writing resolutions!