Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Laboring and Not Writing

Oops, I missed my day to post. It was yesterday, Labor Day. I guess I took it too literally, taking a day off from my labors.

And, in fact, that's what I did. It's a rare day that I don't write anything (except what is mentioned below), but I had done a push for the weekend to polish up my book that will be published late this month, early next month (at the very latest--I sure hope!)

What do writers do on a day off? I will admit I reviewed a book for Suspense Magazine. I also emailed back and forth with my cover designer, who was working hard that day. But mostly I read and worked around the house.

I really can't imagine a day without writing a single dang thing, even if it's my daily journal. I've done it, but not for a long, long time.

Are there writers who take days off?

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I do. When I work for a freelance client, sometimes I push so hard to get everything done, that the next day I have to back off and get perspective. It always seems to help me get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I try to take a whole day off, I end up taking a few hours. I need to go somewhere with no computers or writing implements, I think.

    ReplyDelete