Monday, August 20, 2012

Exciting review news!


This isn't about reviews I've received, but about the ones I give. I've been reviewing for Suspense Magazine for a couple of years now and can say I've gotten a lot out of it.

For one, free books. 

For another, broader horizons. I've read things I wouldn't usually think of picking up. Many times, in fact most of the time, I've enjoyed them.

Another perk was the feature article the magazine did on me as a new contributor. I can't tell you that spread directly sold books for me, but it didn't hurt. (Can't tell you because I never know what sells what!)

But a new advantage has just arisen--it's very exciting!

Suspense has gotten word that Bowker would like to use book reviews from the magazine for the titles they key into their system. Bowker is the organization that assigns ISBN numbers, the book ID used by most (if not all) sellers and libraries. This is great exposure for we who review for Suspense!

One more bit of good news--for YOU--Suspense could use a few more reviewers. This is a time commitment and you must know how to write a decent review. But, if you have the time and have reviewing experience, this could be a great opportunity for you.

(If you'd like to know more about ISBNs, I did an article on them January 24th, 2011 here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment