Friday, April 6, 2012

5 Reasons to Join a Blog Hop


In honor of Easter, All Things Writing joined a blog hop this week. I liked the idea of "hopping" like a cute little bunny from site to site, gathering information. Of course, I'm the first to admit that I'm not as cute or cuddly as a bunny (I'm damn close though) and no part of my body was physically involved in the actual hopping (thank God).

According to Laura Newton ,the Water Filter Lady  "a blog hop is a linky list that is SHARED ON MULTIPLE BLOGS. When several blogs put the same linky list code on their blog, the exact same list appears on each blog. Blog visitors can submit their entries on any blog that contains the list. The entries will appear on each blog where the list resides.Blog readers see the same list on each blog, and can "HOP" from blog to blog seeing the same list of links to follow: BLOG HOP!"

Why would you want to be a part of a blog hop?

1. It drives traffic to your website. Is there anything more satisfying for a blogger than to see your stats go up? And this new group of people hopping to your site will get to see the wonderful musings of your finely tuned brain. Conversely, they can also see what an idiot you are...

2. It's a good opportunity for you to make new connections. As writers we are always searching for new connections in our literary world that can help us right now or further down the road. By following other bloggers and hopping to their site, you "meet" other authors, see how they are handling fortune and glory, and act accordingly.

3. Great promotion opportunity! When people hop by, they can learn more about you and your work or about the people you choose to promote.

4. Spread forth your important idea. Got something that many need to hear? This is the time to do it. Put your big idea out during a blog hop so that more people can see it, share it, or rip it apart. For example, you may have noticed that All Things Writing is entered in the Blog Awards at Goodreads. I expect you all to get over there and vote for us on April 10.

5. This is your chance to try something new in the blogsphere. Maybe blogging is new to you. Maybe you haven't been sure about how to attempt a blog hop before. Perhaps you didn't know how to get more traffic to your site. Go for it! By putting yourself out there, you are giving yourself a chance to hone your skills and gain confidence.

Feel free to join our blog hop, too! We'd love to learn more about you and your site. But hurry! The hop ends today.

4 comments:

  1. I just added my solo blog! I'm not sure I quite understand what's going on here, but I'll try to catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reasons! Have a wonderful Easter weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Kaye! Thanks Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this was a great post! I just found your site through Google, and I'm so glad I did :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete