Sunday, May 23, 2010

WLT Agents Conference

I've been anticipating going to this for a long time. For those who haven't ever been (like me) the Writer's League of Texas has a lot of information on how to pitch your story in a face to face interview with a prospective agent among all the other information they have for acquiring said agent. They also send out a great newsletter with a lot of information that writer's will find useful if you are going to the conference, how to prepare for it, and even how to act while there. I'm not a very social person so it takes me a great deal of effort to meet and speak to people in person. Even for those not going, the information the WLT has in their newsletter is helpful.

I hope to see some of you there, and when I'm done (at the end of June), give a full report.

In other news, summer fast approaches and school is almost done. Time to find summer work for us teachers. I think I'm going to look around for a summer-time editing job at a local newspaper. Any suggestions for a writer/physics-chemistry-game design teacher?

1 comment:

  1. I suggest you read katherine sands "Pitching to Agents." She has a section on pitching at conferences and other great info.

    ReplyDelete