Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer and All Things Writing

I'm running late this week with my blog post. I can't help it! Summer is finally hear and it keeps doing a naughty little dance that distracts me from writing!

Ah well....such is the nature of summer. I think I'll just let it do its dance and reap the benefits of finally having time to catch up on projects, read lots of great books, and write some long overdue reviews. In fact, that's what you can expect this summer from All Things Writing.

In addition to our usual crew of writers who know just about everything (sorta), we will be joined by several guest bloggers. Look for some fun new posts in the upcoming weeks!

I also intend to review several books on my back list including our own John Brewer's book The Silla Project. I've just dived in to  a great book by Deborah Harkness that her publisher sent to me called Shadow of Night. This is definitely one to be reading in the dog days of summer.

All Things Writing will also holding a short story contest this summer. The theme is mayhem and amusement parks. More details will be posted regarding this in July, but get your imagination revved up on this one folks!

Well, back to the pool for now.

1 comment:

  1. Summer is distracting for me too. It's the one time of year where I don't have to wear four layers of clothes when I go outside, so I've been spending as much time outdoors as possible. I tried writing outside, but it's usually windy and the pages keep getting blown back and forth.

    ReplyDelete