Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How to Become a Guest Blogger at All Things Writing

Here at All Things Writing, we love having guest bloggers share their views and opinions on a variety of topics. It's also interesting to see how others approach and view the writing process.  Some of my favorite posts have been from guest bloggers or guest interviews.

This is how I look when I get ridiculous emails.
Lately, I've been getting some strange blogger requests. They all want a chance to talk with our readers, but I don't think they all want to talk about writing.

What gives me this clue?

Well, it starts when I read the email and it's full of bad punctuation or misspellings. Sometimes there are weird capital letters in the middle of words or the sentence structure is just not good.

Can you say spam boys and girls?

Rule of thumb, people: check your email for the above things before sending in your request. If  you really want to be a writer, you should be able to write a paragraph in an email that makes sense!

Secondly, some of them want the chance to write a blog piece that solely promotes a company or business. Now, I have nothing against self promotion. Heck, I do it all the time, but our readers are interested in things related to writing! Not your car dealership or your cosmetic company. Hence the title of the blog: All Things Writing.

However, that doesn't mean that if you want to blog for us that you can't promote yourself if you are a writer. I encourage you to send in book cover pics, bio information, or links to your latest work. That's the kind of promotion that is of interest to us.

So, if you have a great topic on writing, a fabulous interview idea, or a review of something phenomenal that you've just read---email me at maryannloesch@hotmail.com.

Just check your email before hitting the send button  and be sure to put Guest Blogger in the subject bar.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely. It's a matter of remembering what your old English teachers said: Consider your audience; mistakes in spelling and punctuation make a poor impression on the reader. (I hope I haven't left any typos in this comment.)

    ReplyDelete