Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summertime and Writing Time

Summertime and the livin' is easy....

Hmm, sounds like that could be the lyrics to a song. Oh, how I love this time of year! No classes of children to worry over. No cares or worries about lesson plans or grades. Just...relaxation....ah....

Unless you're a writer who gets the bulk of their work done during the summer hours!

I've been having trouble getting my act together the past month. Writing stories, editing the new novel---they don't seem as fun as vegging by the pool with a margarita and a good book. But it must be done.

What I've discovered is that I need a summertime schedule that allows me to work, spend time with the child and husband, and watch terrible TV shows. I think I've got it figured out now and have found a good balance.

But that margarita by the pool is so tempting....

How do other writers handle their writing schedules? Please share! I love knowing how other people do this!

3 comments:

  1. Not being a teacher, it's easier for me. Summer isn't that much different. Personally, I don't know how you manage to ever write the rest of the year, while working full time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should attend my Bookish Babes in the Bahamas tour - you could consider it an expense of being an author/book blogger, work on your writing, AND sit by the pool with a margarita all at the same time! lol. I'm even doing a promotion for it right now where you get some freebies by booking: http://operationrelax.blogspot.com/2012/07/its-christmas-in-july-sale.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes Kaye, I don't know how I do it either! And Jessica, don't tease me now! I'm going to have to investigate operation relax!

    ReplyDelete